- by Christ's words, 'Love one another as I have loved you';
- by St Peter Julian Eymard's vision of the Eucharist and its power to renew church and society;
- by the Rule of Life for the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament which describes a place like St Francis' as:
- a centre of prayer, offering assistance, to all on their pilgrim way
- an oasis of silence and peace in the heart of the city
- a place of welcome and meeting, of prayer and adoration, spiritual guidance and sacramental reconciliation
- a place to offer catechesis in the faith, to provide initiation into prayer, and to do what can be done to awaken the baptised to their responsibilities;
- and by the Prayer of St Francis:
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, let me sow pardon;
where there is doubt, let me sow faith;
where there is despair, let me sow hope;
where there is darkness, let me sow light;
where there is sadness, let me sow joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life
we seek to make St Francis' Pastoral Centre a place where, through the collaboration of the religious community, staff and volunteers, the prayer and worship of St Francis' Church are complemented by pastoral activity and outreach.
St Francis' Pastoral Centre
326 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne Vic 3000
Telephone: (03) 9663 2495
Fax: (03) 9639 4770
The Centre is open:
9 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday
9 am – 3pm Sunday
Closed on Saturday and Public Holidays